In Year 4 we have two classes - Beech Class and Hazel Class
Mrs Dusak is the teacher in Beech Class whilst in Hazel class, Mrs Atkinson (Mon-Wed) and Mrs Smith (Thurs-Fri) are the class teachers. They are supported by Mrs Stone, Mrs Spooner and Mrs Cox.
Hazel class is located in the Victorian part of the building, originally the Victorian girls' classroom, whereas Beech class is in the later part of the building.
Some of the exciting activities that Year 4 are usually involved in include:
- The Christmas production for the school which is performed in St Paul's church
- Historical and Topic themed inspiration days (e.g Egypt day, Making own pizzas for Italy topic)
- Field trips e.g Fishbourne Roman Palace
- Visits to other local schools for Reading workshops, Gymnastic and Dance displays, Sport events
- Golf workshop (during PE lessons) in the Summer term
Other activities, responsibilities and clubs are:
- Gymnastics club - which provides the opportunity to perform and compete
- Cross country club where children can compete for the school in local school league
- Key stage 2 Choir - leading to performances out of school (including at the Dorking Halls)
- Street dance
- Chelsea football club
For full details of the Year 4 curriculum please see the Curriculum Information page in this Section.
Meet the Teacher - Parents
Please see below for the slides from the Meet the Teacher information meeting held in September.