In Year 4 we have two classes - Beech Class and Hazel Class
Teaching Beech class is Miss Masters (Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday) and Mrs. Hilston (Thursday and Friday) , whilst in Hazel class, Mrs Atkinson and Mrs Page are the class teachers. The teaching assistant in Hazel class is Mrs. Howey and in Beech class is Mrs. Saunders.
Hazel class is located in the Victorian part of the building, originally the Victorian girls' classroom, whereas Beech class is in the newer part of the building.
Some of the exciting activities that Year 4 are usually involved in include (however, some of these activities may not be able to take place this year):
- The Christmas production for the school which is performed in St Paul's church
- Historical and Topic themed inspiration days (e.g Egypt day, Making own pizzas for Italy topic)
- Field trips e.g Fishbourne Roman Palace
- Visits to other local schools for Reading workshops, Gymnastic and Dance displays, Sport events
- Golf workshop (during PE lessons) in the Summer term
Other activities, responsibilities and clubs are:
- Gymnastics club - which provides the opportunity to perform and compete
- Cross country club where children can compete for the school in local school league
- Key stage 2 Choir - leading to performances out of school (including at the Dorking Halls)
- Chelsea football club
We are currently adjusting the content of our curriculum outlines for Spring 1 due to the sudden nationwide school closures and will publish these as soon as they are available.