Getting Started Day
Getting started – this is day one if you are isolating.
Please read independently or, if possible, to an adult or an older sibling.
Reading comprehensions - If you would like to use a text which comes with associated questions, you can find a comprehension below. There is a fiction piece as well as a non-fiction piece to choose from.
Writing (40 minutes)
- English activity booklet - This is a booklet containing a selection of activities. It contains a variety of activities including spelling tasks and writing prompts. You should aim to complete one or two activities.
- Alternatively, you may select some activities from the Maths and SPAG home learning booklet.
Maths (40 minutes)
- Log onto Doodlemaths or TT RockStars and practice key skills for 20 mins or so. If you cannot remember the log on for either, please contact your teacher.
- See Maths and SPAG Home Learning Booklet - The activities in this booklet are pitched at an average level of ability - If stuck, please try to offer assistance or encourage children to move onto the next question or you may find it beneficial to select another task.
Topic Learning (40 minutes)
- Art - This half term we have looked at developing our sketching techniques and produced self-portraits. Using any art materials you have at home (pencils, crayons, paint, chalk or even unusual materials you have) create a portrait of someone in your family. Focus on shape, placement of features and showing texture and light and shadow.