Aut wk 4 - WB 21.09.20
Please find the work for self-isolating home learners for this week attached below.
Ideally, every day we would like children to do the following:
English work - about 1 hour
- Read independently or, if possible, to an adult or older sibling.
- Complete the English lesson for that day which will involve practising their writing, spelling or grammar.
Helping with reading:
- If your child is completing the reading scheme then please ask an adult or older sibling to hear them read their school reading book. If you do not have a school reading book, you can use a picture book from home or an online book.
- Talk to them about what they have read, perhaps ask them questions such as; What does this word mean on this page? Can you think of another word that means the same? Which bit made you feel…….?’How does the character feel on this page - why?
- Listen out for them reading confidently, without having to sound each word out individually.
Maths work - about 45mins to 1 hour
- Log onto Doodlemaths and complete the Extras challenge and then the daily challenge. Try to keep in the green zone. (If you do not remember your login, please email the Year 4 teachers on firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Practice Times Tables for 15/20 minutes, using: TT Rockstars (if you do not remember your log on please email the Year 4 email address to contact your teacher), The Dorking Kindersley app, www.timestables.co.uk or any other app, game or resource that works best for you.
- Complete the Maths lesson for that day
Topic work - about 45 minutes to 1 hour
- Complete the afternoon activity for that day (See the weekly timetable)