WANTED: Someone who likes treasure- and who doesn't like treasure?!
Have a look at FOSPA's advert below. Could this be you? This is a vital role within an organisation that is vital to the school. FOSPA have helped us buy so much that gives the children an experience that is more than just 'lessons.' They really do make a HUGE difference, but they need your help to keep this work up. Please contact Fiona below, or get in touch via the office, if you think you can help. Thank you.
We will be looking to appoint a new Treasurer of FOSPA for the 2018 19 academic year – starting in September 2018. This could be performed by one person as a main role, or two people with one person taking the lead and one person supporting.
If you are interested in this role in either format, please contact Fiona Brownlee email@example.com.
This is a vital role to the running of FOSPA. Please do consider this role as it is important that it is filled for FOSPA to continue its good work!
Fundraising activities raised close to £25,000 profit for the school last academic year, and we are on target to raise this amount by the end of this academic year. These additional funds are vital given the current funding crisis the school faces.
The role will be well supported by a very active team of volunteers, which make FOSPA such a thriving charity. Handover and shadowing will be possible through next term plus all past activities have been fully documented ready for handover. An overview of the role is below:
FOSPA Treasurer role
- You will be a signatory and the main point of contact for the bank, the Charities Commission and HMRC.
- Expenses – Keep a record of all expenses and payments. Pay invoices, expenses and 100 club winners in a timely manner.
- Receipts – Count and bank all money received, from takings and donations at the fundraising events throughout the year, in a timely manner. Keep a record of all sales and donations. Reconcile all takings from the on-line donations for the various fundraising campaigns.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations for both the main account and the 100 club account.
- Ensure sufficient monies in both accounts to fund events and that money spent is in line with the constitution and Charities Aid Foundation guidelines.
- Maintain a float for events throughout the year.
- Christmas and Summer Fairs – be available from 11am to 4pm on the day. Calculate and prepare floats beforehand. Regular checks with stalls throughout the fair to ensure sufficient change. Count, bank and record how much each stall takes.
- Report to the committee at meetings on the current expenditure, sales and profit and any other relevant information.
- Prepare annual accounts to present to an independent auditor and at the AGM.
- Complete and submit the accounts online at the Charities commission website.